Studio4 Los Angeles is a training ground and artistic community for the serious actor, writer, director and producer. Our classes prepare students to create professional content in an educational setting. In our advanced programs, students create original material and continue to learn in a real world environment.
S4 Member benefits:
If you are enrolled in any class here at Studio4 LA the following benefits are available at no additional cost, and are included in your tuition/membership.
• Priority consideration for Master Collaborative classes
• Students audit and potentially work in other ongoing acting classes of the same type, at or below their levels
• Access to the library: borrowing privileges & access to scripts, films & other amazing resources
• Film analysis nights: breakdown of films, discussion from ink to screen
• Attend events, screenings, Q&A’s, and other opportunities with industry professionals
• Submissions to exclusive casting opportunities
• Create your own projects on the S4 stage and screen
• & Much More!
What you will see:
In our acting technique classes, every student works in every class, twice weekly and outside rehearsal is required. You will see Meisner’s technique taught to cultivate professional scene work in the actors.
In order to maintain professional classroom decorum, and to respect the work of your peers please:
• Turn off cell phones & any noise making devices
• No eating or chewing gum
• Water okay
• Please save any questions and audience response for your instructor at the end of class
• If you smoke, please smoke outside of our building at least 20 feet away and keep the front door closed.
• After your classes, throw your trash away, leave the stage and theater cleaner than you found it, take your personal props home with you. Any props left behind that do not belong to the studio will be discarded immediately.
• NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS on the premises.
(Exception is during official Studio4 performances where it is being sold to audience. Then it should immediately be securely stored in the office until the next performance or exit the building on closing night.)
• NO ALCOHOL used in rehearsal or performance of scenes. Non alcoholic substitute ONLY.
• NO attending class, buzzed, drunk, high.
• ABSOLUTELY NO partaking of ANY mind affecting substance before or during class!
• RESPECT YOURSELF, YOUR TEACHERS, AND YOUR WORK!
ANY violation of ANY of the above is grounds for IMMEDIATE dismissal from Studio4.
What we teach is to express yourself with EMOTIONAL truth. It is NEVER acceptable to toss furniture/props, handle your partner, or damage our set in any way. Physically violent actions reek of amateurism. Simply follow this edict, act as you would on a set or in a casting office. Then I can know we have taught you well and we are proud to appear on your resume.
1. How long does it take to move to higher levels of the work?
Progress is individually based on work ethic, abilities, and skills developed. Each student is able to move through the program at their own pace and with the guidance of their instructor(s).
2. How long are classes?
Usually three to four hours depending on the class, and whether it occurs once or twice a week.
3. I’ve taken Meisner before, do I need to start from the beginning?
We ask that you audit a technique class and speak with the instructor who will place you appropriately.
4. Do you offer make-up classes?
The instructor of your class may or may not offer make-up classes. Speak with them personally to inquire their make-up class policy.
5. Can I start in the middle of the month?
Yes. For classes that are ongoing, you may begin at any time.
6. How many students are generally in an acting class?
Acting classes range from 12-18 people.
If you have any additional questions or concerns contact: